Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back in Business!!

It's been a while since I posted anything, due to the distractions provided by the Colorado wilderness, bears, giardia, and moving back with my parents. Whilst I have been gone here is what has happened:

1) I hiked 200 miles of the Colorado Trail, and did my first week-long solo backpacking trip.

2) I have finished my all-grain setup and brewed 25 gallons, composed of five gallons each of...Magic Hat 9 clone, "Dirty Box" Scottish Ale (my first all-grain recipe), Avery IPA clone (modified for a more floral hop vibe), "Roggen Rover" Red Irish Rye Ale, and a spiced pumpkin ale that will probably be named after my friend Julia in some way or another.

3) I have moved into my parents' house and begun devising a plan to develop an inside/outside, steam-powered basement brewery, tentatively named "Defenestration".

4) Dry Dock Brewing won Small Brewery of the Year at GABF!!!

5) The Denver Broncos are undefeated, thanks to the return of a DEFENSE!

Updates will occur, from this point on, every Wednesday, and possibly more frequently depending on motivation, and will include:

THRILLING TALES OF DRILLING AND GRINDING!

THE EPIC STORY OF A DEVELOPING YOUNG BREWER!

SLIGHTLY-LESS-THAN-COPIOUS (but only slightly) CLEAVAGE!

BEER: SOMETHING YOU AND I BOTH LIKE!

and more.





Stay tuned.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment